Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fantasy Update: FINALS!!!

As a six-seed in the Hirsch Division, I didn't think I'd be able to get past the first round. Playing the third seed in the whole thing, I thought I'd be hooped since I lost big time the only time played RedWhitenRed, but luckily-- I pulled out a small victory 7-5. I was lucky Zach Parise and Jason Spezza had six point weeks and my goaltending didn't fail me like it has in playoffs past (thanks to that Marty Brodeur waiver pick-up when he was injured). This at least ensured me that I'd be playing the whole season and not lose the last two weeks to nothingness.

This made me move onto the two-seed, LizardInsid'er, whom I beat both times this season. Of course, huge underdog yet again, but moved past them with ease, 7-3. Six point weeks for Steve Sullivan, Devin Setoguchi and Alexei Kovalev (say whaaaaaaa) and 19 goals for the week, which was my weakness during the season. Pekka Rinne and Jonas Hiller flourished, which was great since last week, Brodeur was awful. It also led to much bragging for my Australian comrade, who claimed he would destroy me in the playoffs. Take that, Prison Colony!!

That leads me to not only the Final of the Hirsch Division, but into the Optimum Ocho of the FOHSHL, which combined all four divisions of the league (Beaupre, Liut, Tabaracci) and let's us go roto-style. However, I'm facing the top-seeded Jesmond Jesters. I lost both meetings to the Jesters this year, both by a huge margin. Plus, in the '06-'07 season, I beat the Jesters to claim the bronze in the Hirsch. I'm scerrrred.

However, it's better than last season when I was a six-seed and lost in the first round and lost in the 5th place game. I won the FOHSHL in '03-'04, but haven't gotten close since then. This could be the year......or not.

Oh, and as far as Aston HC....in the consolation games and just....turrible this season. I'm so glad Neumann College won the D-III Championship.

No comments: